Discover glistening snow fields, winter landscapes deep in snow and snow-capped forests!
With your snowshoes on, “walking” or “hiking” take on a whole new meaning. Whether on your own or with a mountain guide, you’ll discover the beauty of Tyrolean nature away from the slopes with crystal-clear views!
Experience winter on your holiday in Tyrol with the Winter Hiking Programme. Explore the highlights of the Tyrolean Oberland with guided themed hikes. Or go it alone on a discovery tour.
Weekly winter-themed hikes to the prettiest viewpoints
Let’s enjoy the fresh winter air and hike through our nature with an expert guide.
Discover the beauty of nature and its artistic diversity with a professional photographer. Discover the winter world in snowshoes as a beginner or seasoned hiker. Walk in the footsteps of history to the Altfinstermünz fortification.
Take time out from everyday life in the digital age and get to know the Pfundser Tschey. Or watch the fallow deer and mouflon in comfort at the wildlife park, Wildtiergehege Feichti am Kobl. Sound amazing? Then you should take part in one of the weekly winter-themed hikes:
- Monday: “Spür.dich.Winter” Winter hike with nature photography, price: €20.00
- Tuesday: guided beginners’ snowshoe hike, price €26.00
- Tuesday:"Spür.dich.Winter" Family hike to the wildlife park, Wildtiergehege Feichti am Kobl, price: €20.00
- Wednesday:"Spür.dich.Winter" Winter hike to Altfinstermünz, price: €10.00
- Thursday:"Spür.dich.Winter" Digital detox hike, price: €20.00
- Friday: guided snowshoe hike to Gogles Alm, followed by a fun toboggan ride back to the valley, price €26.00
Good to know:Appropriate equipment is required for all hikes. Hiking in boots with warm clothing, snacks and drinks is also much more fun!
Booking required by the evening before, either with your host or at the tourist information offices.
You can find the current dates and further information in our weekly programme!
Practical information for winter hikers
Give your legs a break! The Winter.Hiking.Bus goes up to the Kobl every Tuesday and to the Pfundser Tschey every Thursday. It costs €10.00 per person. You can find out more information in the tourist information offices. You can also book your journey there.
This ticket gives you numerous deductions and freebies:
- 4 guided winter hikes
- Use of the Winter.Wander.Busses
- 1 x ice climbing on the ice tower
- 1 x toboggan hire at Sport Monz
- 15 % reduction on snowshoes at Sport Monz
- for adults € 45,00 an for children € 20,00 (6 - 14 years)
Winter hikers can hire a valuable rucksack at the tourist information office in Pfunds for €5.00 per day. It contains a thermos, two drinking cups, two heated cushions, two hand warmers and a first aid kit. The perfect companion on a hike through the snowy winter countryside!
Im Winter 2019/2020 werden an verschiedenen Punkten in Pfunds gemütliche Plätze zum Verweilen errichtet. Ab diesem Winter kann heuer erstmals ein Winterrucksack mit allerlei Köstlichkeiten vollgepackt vorbestellt werden. Finden Sie Ihren persönlichen Lieblingsplatz und erleben Sie einen perfekten Wintertag - fernab vom Pistentrubel.
Accommodation for winter hikers in Pfunds
It’s no secret that people from near and far are attracted to the Tyrolean Oberland for its winter hikes. That’s why some places to stay specialise in the needs of winter hikers. As well as practical information, you’ll also find the current weather forecast and avalanche warning and a hiking rucksack in the guesthouses geared up for winter hikers.The following criteria must be fulfilled for this:
- 1 winter hiking backpack is available in the house
- Information material for winter hiking is on
- Weather & avalanche report is hung every day
- Information on snowshoe or equipment rental is available
- At breakfast there is the possibility for a marching tea (for a fee) or in the apartments there is a kettle
Here you will find tips for a stop-off after a strenuous winter hike or an easy walk. Some are outside of Pfunds, but can easily be hiked over roads.
Please note that only the pink signs are valid! The yellow signs only apply in summer. Maintenance of winter hiking trails is regular. The tourist office will give you more information about the current state of the winter hiking trails.
Winter hikers’ checklist
Pay attention to the following tips to make sure that your winter hiking holiday is an unforgettably wonderful experience. Always inform yourself before setting out about the current avalanche situation! The mountain guides, tourist information representatives and also your host will gladly help you plan your hike. This checklist too, with its useful tips, will help you be fully prepared.