The Kaunergrat ridge rises impressively and mightily from the Ötztal Alps - a mountain range in which there is much to experience.
It is precisely these unspoiled and naturally managed cultural landscapes that are perceived, appreciated and used by more and more people as a special feature of the landscape.
- Nature Park House Kaunergrat
- Piller Moor
- Aifneralm, Falkaunsalm, Gallruthalm & Verpeil hut
- every Wednesday hiking bus
Interesting facts about the mountain world Kaunergrat
- There are numerous three-thousand-meter peaks in the mountain world of the Kaunergrat
- There are about 1,100 butterfly species to marvel at on the Kauner & Kaunerberger sunny slopes
- Approximately one third of all bee colonies of the native bee "Braunelle" in Austria are located in the area of the Kaunergrat
- There is an accessible irrigation tunnel. The Kaunerberger Water Trail, unique in Tyrol, leads from the mouth of the Inn River at Faggen/Prutz via Kauns and Kaunerberg to the irrigation gallery (length approx. 1 km; don't forget a flashlight!) all the way to Gallruthalm.
- The gallery is still used for irrigation today and is therefore not always passable - please inform yourself before the hike.
Mountain world Kaunergrat
A unique eye-catcher in the Tyrolean Oberland is the 28 kilometer long Kaunergrat, a mountain range of the Ötztal Alps. Since 2003, the Kaunergrat Nature Park of the same name has extended over this area. From the dry sunny slopes up to the glaciated peaks along stretches a charming hiking area with great variety of tours.