excursion & Sightseeing| place of excursions in the region| chapels & churches Back to overview
St. Georgen Church
oldest ecclesiastical monument in North Tyrol
The original elements date from the 8th and 9th century. It is a square Romanesque structure with a flat wooden roof, to which a Gothic choir with a ribbed vault was added. It was consecrated in 1497 with the Georgs Altar. The remarkable frescoes depicting the life of Christ in the interior date from 1482. A Gothic reliquary shrine (1240) was preserved here, a copy of which is on display in the alcove.