In the middle of the icy and pitch black winter night you will experience special celestial events like shooting star nights, meteor showers, full moons.... up close.
The unspoiled high valley is far away from brightly lit cities and light sources and is therefore ideal for marveling at the thousands of twinkling constellations under expert guidance. After an approx. half-hour hike, a crackling campfire, steaming punch and mulled wine await you. Our nature education guides will accompany you on the picnic under the stars on the following dates:
- December 15, 2021 Geminid shooting star night.
The Geminid meteor stream lights up the firmament with its shooting stars during the period December 4-20. On the night of December 14, we expect the most meteors - up to 120 per hour!
- December 22, 2021 Ursid meteor shower
Shortly before Christmas, the Ursid meteor stream will give us a shower of shooting stars. In the night of December 23 up to 110 Shooting stars per hour expected.longest night shortest day
- January 04. 2022 Quadrantids meteor shower (alternate date 05.01.2022)The Quadrantids wait in the night to January 4, 2022 with the first shooting star night of the new year. With up to 120 shooting stars per hour, the Quadrantids are among the most spectacular shooting star showers of the year.
- January 19, 2022 Full Moon - Wolf Moon
The full moon in January is traditionally called the Wolf Moon. At this phase of the moon the earth is between the sun and the moon.
- February 17, 2022 Full Moon - Snow Moon
The full moon in February is traditionally called Snow Moon. At this lunar phase the earth is between the sun and the moon.
The alternate dates come into effect when the sky is overcast.
Meeting place: 20:00 pm information office Pfunds
Duration: approx. 2-3 hours
Registration: until the evening before in the info offices or with your landlord
Cost: € 20,00 per person incl. expert guide, transfer, mulled wine or punch
Minimum number of participants: 4 persons